It’s dance recital time! It’s a great opportunity to grab the best shots of your dancer. Don’t be one of the moms that carries her camera with her the entire day only to come home and find you only took 3 shots! These are 25 dance recital photos your should take!
Use this list to find the best shots for the day … the ones that you can take easily without much additional thought! Easy is best on recital day.
1. Dress Rehearsal: At our studio, we are only allowed to take pictures of the kids on stage during the dress rehearsal. A professional photographer takes photos (for profit) during the show. We take a TON of photos during the rehearsal.
2. Putting on make-up and fixing hair. Take shots of the dancer and the person that is getting them ready. Lots of opportunities for more than just standard pictures.
3. In the car on the way to the recital (anticipation, nerves, etc.)
4. Waiting in the ready area/dressing area (Watch for people changing! Make sure everyone in the shot is dressed)
5. On stage. If your child is small – make a copy of your favorite shots. Label one with your child & leave the other untouched
6. Little details. Costume elements, ribbons, gloves, etc.
7. How you keep your dancer occupied between numbers
8. Group pics (candid, not professional)
9. Your child’s favorite pose from the number
10. Practicing routine (alone or in a group)
11. Walking to/from the stage as a group
12. Dancers favorite part of their routine
13. Dancer with friends
14. Keeping siblings entertained in the audience
15. Close-up shot of your child’s face
16. Sitting the audience watching
17. Trophy or award
18. Stage backdrop
19. Any friends and family that attend the recital
20. A different view of the dancer’s hairstyle
21. Dancer with flowers
22. Dancer with their teacher
23. Dancer with siblings
24. Dancer with parents
25. After the show
PS – you might also check out Preparing for a Dance Recital!